Wholesale Terms & Conditions
The Cape Art Company and any prospective Wholesaler agree to the following terms & conditions:
1. COPYRIGHT: The Company reserves the copyright in terms of the Copyright Act 98 of 1978 to all products and the designs there of created by The Company and supplied to The Wholesaler, including all reproduction rights.
2. RETAIL PRICING: Pricing of supplied goods is at The Wholesaler’s discretion, but to keep the pricing fair and market related, The Wholesaler is not allowed to ‘double wholesale’ any of The Company’s catalogue designs.
3. SHIPMENT: Shipment is at the expense of The Wholesaler. The Company encourages wholesalers to make use of their own courier services to collect and deliver stock. In the case where this is not possible, The Company will ensure safe delivery/shipment of the products with a courier of our choice and insurance of the products during such shipment. The Wholesaler will be invoiced for any courier cost incurred by The Company to deliver their goods. Wholesalers can also collect their stock at The Company’s premises.
4. Shipment will be to The Wholesaler at their registered business address only.
5. QA: The Company will adhere to a quality assurance system to guarantee excellent quality home décor products. We manufacture and process each product by hand using raw materials that we import. Due to the nature of the printing business, there will be slight colour or size differences between different print-sets and raw materials. We will, however, do everything in our power to prevent and minimize variations whilst still staying true to the design colours and sizes on the catalogue.
6. PAYMENT: The Company will work on an ex-works payment system only. This implies the invoiced amount must be settled prior to the completed products being shipped or collected from The Company. Proof of Payment should be e-mailed prior to collecting or shipping of such products. All payments to be done via EFT or our card facilities on the premises.
7. Due to the Covid pandemic The Company is not able to offer discounts or terms. The Company will do everything in their power to keep prices low and competitive.
8. LOSS/DAMAGE OF SHIPPED PRODUCTS: The Company is not liable for any loss/damages incurred by the courier companies used. The Wholesaler is responsible for claiming of lost/damaged products from the courier company themselves. Only if The Company use their own courier company will they implement their own claim, and will The Wholesaler receive a credit note or replacement stock for the lost/damaged stock.
9. Exclusivity in terms of supply, products or design themes cannot be guaranteed. The Company has the right to trade to all wholesalers registered with us.
10. THE CAPE ART COMPANY SHOP: Wholesalers are welcome to shop for stock at The Company’s shop in Parow but are not guaranteed that specific designs will always be available. ONLY PRODUCTS ON OUR WHOLESALE PRICELIST CAN BE PURCHASED IN OUR SHOP. No marked-down stock from custom printing clients sold at our shop can under any circumstances be purchased for wholesale purposes.
11. RETURN POLICY: The Wholesaler will inform The Company of any defective/unsatisfactory products within 7 days of receipt of such product and return the products within to The Company within 14 working days from receipt of such products in the exact condition they received it. Any writing, marking or damage on the products will nullify The Wholesaler’s claim for defect and The Wholesaler will not be credited for such returned products. The Company will investigate and replace reasonable claims at their cost. Goods returned to The Wholesaler from their clients must be sorted out by The Wholesaler contacting us, not their clients. Any such queries will be referred to The Wholesaler.
12. MARKETS: Due to the nature of our products, they are extremely popular at the local craft and Christmas markets. Taking our products to a market is at The Wholesaler’s sole discretion. The Company will not get involved with any dispute that arises between different Wholesalers that has the same stock/products at the same markets. The Company does not supply consignment stock for markets and stock must be ordered well in advance if a Wholesaler plans to do a market.
SARCDA: Only designers and artists that have their own designs printed and manufactured at The Company can take their products to this exhibition.
13. BUSINESS AND DELIVERY ADDRESS:The address stated in your application will serve as the delivery address and address of trade. The Wholesaler agrees to only sell these products from this premises and will inform The Company of any alternative premises they own and wish to sell from.
14. COMMUNICATION: Our preferred method of communication is via email since we can then have a record of orders and instructions. Whatsapp messages should be used to sort our quick issues like transport or quick questions only. NO ORDERS OR CHANGES TO ORDERS MUST BE COMMUNICATED VIA WHATSAPP. Whatsapp communication is applicable during trading hours and we implore you to respect personal time after hours.